Saturday, June 15, 2013

Wedding planning!

Today I woke up early. Actually, it was very early for me as Kayden is not been sleeping the best during the night. At 5:30 to be exact. Well, I started off by making a DIY exfoliating body scrub using coconut oil. It was really easy actually. I used 1 cup of coconut oil, 1 cup of sugar (recipe calls for organic), 1/2 cup of sea salt and 1 T of lavender oil. I omitted the lavender oil as I did not have any on hand. All I can say is, WOW! I rubbed it on all over my body in the shower and came out silky smooth! I have really been into using natural ingredients lately probably since Kayden had cancer but the results always seem to come out so much better than something you would purchase in the store! And did I mention cheaper too?
Speaking of DIY, I found a DIY laundry detergent recipe on Pinterest and made a BIG batch of detergent!

If you like visuals, here's one!

This is a 5 gallon bucket and 3/4 full! I still haven't added the last ingredient!

So I titled this blog 'Wedding planning!' yet I haven't even discussed weddings! Maybe it needs a new name? No, I am excited this day is about planning for my little sister's wedding! We are going to try on dresses today, and I told Rachel yesterday that the focus will be on her today. It is important that she finds her dress first. She recently got engaged to her boyfriend of 3 years about a month ago and the wedding is sooner than they were planning for next spring. To me that's quick because I was engaged for a couple years before my husband and I were married. We were also only dating for about 7 months before Kerry proposed. Back to Rachel and her fiance Blake. The two young lovebirds have a lot to plan and a lot going on for them right now. Rachel is in the radiology program at the university here and going into sonography. She is taking summer classes right now so she is always busy with something. My almost brother-in-law is getting ready to start college next fall so he is trying to decide on a major and also busy working. Oh, I didn't mention that he is in a band too! He has some amazing skills! He is the lead singer and plays the guitar. He has always been a family member to us since he and Rachel started dating. They have the date, church, and reception booked so are making some progress! My little sister who is 16 is the maid of honor with my older sister and I being bridesmaids. Since my older sister and I are the married ones, I think we will be the ones giving advice from our experience! 
Here is a picture of my Rachel, Blake and I at Blake's high school graduation party.

Yes, we are all matching! Rachel is on the right and she and Blake did plan to match :)

One of my dear friends is also getting married next year, and I am her matron of honor! She has her dress and the bridesmaids dresses figured out, but there is a lot of planning there too! Looks like I will be a busy bee next year with these two weddings and wonderful people in my life that I am honored to share their days with! Here's to happy wedding planning!


No comments:

Post a Comment